26,711 of 28,000 Signatures
7,757 of 10,000 Signatures
Humane Society International (HSI) – ABN 63 510 927 032 and the Australian Marine Conservation Society (AMCS) – ABN 53 409 718 351, may collect the following types of personal information:
Name, mailing or street address, email address; telephone number/s or any other contact details you wish to provide.
How do we collect your personal information?
HSI and AMCS collects your personal information directly from you in most cases, where reasonable and practicable. When collecting personal information from you, we may collect in ways including: when you make a donation; complete a survey or sign a petition or action form.
General Information Collection and Use
HSI and AMCS jointly own the information collected. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement.
For the Shark Champions site we use a secure credit card payment gateway for any donations made. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes.
HSI and AMCS ensure all precautionary steps are taken to protect personal information from any misuse or interference.
- Financial information is never seen or stored by us, it is encrypted through a secure payment gateway.
- Hardcopy records of personal information are destroyed using a certified secure document destruction facility.
- We use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online.
- All personal information, not just the sensitive information, is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, our billing clerk or a customer service representative) are granted access to personally identifiable information. Our employees must use password-protected screen-savers when they leave their desk. When they return, they must re-enter their password to re-gain access to your information. Furthermore, ALL employees are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices. Every quarter, as well as any time new policies are added, our employees are notified and/or reminded about the importance we place on privacy, and what they can do to ensure our supporters information is protected.
- The servers that we store personally identifiable information on are kept in a secure environment.
Sending information overseas
HSI and AMCS do not disclose your personal information to any person or body outside Australia for any purpose.
All direct marketing communication from the Shark Champions campaign has an opt out prompt. Any request to be removed from the Shark Champions database is acted on immediately. Any enquiry relating to the source of an individual’s information is answered quickly.
If you have any questions about your personal information, any corrections or a complaint regarding the treatment of your privacy or a possible breach of your privacy, please contact us: